The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Monday, August 14, 2006

Succumbing to the Blog

While a book deal with the New York Times would be nice, the main purpose of this blog is to keep my friends and family - you! - up to speed regarding my travels through Central America. I anticipate posting a minimum of once a week, so check back often for pictures, videos, and plenty of stories! Maybe even a couple of deep thoughts sprinkled in there.

The main purpose of this trip is for my parents and my little sister to maintain the connection with Gloria's foster family in Guatemala with whom she spent the first year and a half of her life. Since I have no job, no rent, and no prospects, I decided to take advantage of my freedom and spend a couple of months down in Central America, learning espanol and traveling.



I also would love to hear from you! While I am hoping to make friends on the road, I am traveling alone and will be hungry for youe messages, encouragement, news, and anything else you either want to email to me at my Gmail account or post as a comment on this blog.

Pictures: Top: Me and my little sister, Gloria. Bottom: Gloria and my nephew, Marek.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks April, can't wait to hear more from you on your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home