The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Arrival in Antigua

We arrived safely in Antigua last Monday and have been enjoying it ever since! Our hotel is wonderful... my Dad literally found the nicest hotel in the town. We walked in and there was live music, a buffet (me gusto) and a beautiful pool! The entire week we have been relaxing, doing outings in Antigua, and, of course, swimming. Gloria loves the pool. Everything has been going smoothly. I consider this part my resting up for the rest of my time here... I for sure will not be staying at such nice places!

I found a Spanish school where I will start next Monday. I visited a few, but this one was definitely the most lively. I walked up during a salsa lesson and ended up dancing for half an hour before arranging my classes! The school is a cooperative which means that the teachers receive a fair salary. After I travel to Lago Atitlan this weekend, I will start next week. I will be living with a host family as well. I am glad to have that set up!

Next week I will be hopefully posting pictures and video!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really want to see some pictures! Grandma Gibson was able to tget to your blog and was soooo happy to read it! Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Do you know when Mom and Dad get home today? Marek is doing well, he has his two month appointment this afternoon, I'll let you know how it goes. right now he is sucking on his nuk and fighting sleep.
Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home