The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Monday, August 14, 2006

Master the Geography

I've realized as I've been planning this trip that many of you don't have a darn clue where Central America is. Canadians especially!

Central America is a geographical region that is technically part of North America. While it is not its own continent, it is a distinctly identified region apart from North and South America. I have included a map below for you perusal.



Green Star: Where I fly in.

Red Star: Where I fly out.

Blue Loop: The Mayan route I am planning on traveling through Belize and southern Mexico. I lived in Belize for a summer and will visit the research center where I stayed, and I have always wanted to go to Tulum, Mexico.

Red Loop: My approximate path down to Panama. (Obviously I will not be swimming through Lake Nicaragua...)

Hope this is helpful for some of you!

3 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Dennis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:28 PM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Jesse said...

Canadians don't know where Central America is? Rubbish! :')

 
At 6:49 PM, October 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello April, Better enjoy the warm weather it is cold here. I had Marek today he is a darling. Growing so fast. See you very soon, Love and Hugs, Gram

 

Post a Comment

<< Home