The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friends!

I have been meeting a lot of people and making a lot of friends, which is really great.

My roommate is fabulous - a woman from San Diego. We have been having a lot of fun chatting, walking around, and occasionally going out. She leaves this weekend however to return home. Friends while you are traveling are definitely transient!

My host family is also nice. The house is a only a part of what used to be a huge estate. In the middle is a terrace that is open to the sky. The living room and dining room are a part of this open area so it has a very open feel to it.

My fellow students are nice as well, and I´ve been meeting people other travelers while out and about. I´ve been pleased that many people are also traveling alone, so they are willing to talk and to hang out.

The other night my roommate and I went to the Sky Bar, which is on top of a building over looking the city and the surronding volcanos. It was lovely! We met an Austalian fellow that we ended up chatting with for several hours. We had to go inside due to the rain, and the power was even out for 20 or so minutes. It was incredible to see the rain progress across the range of volcanos toward us.

Que bueno!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home