The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Friday, September 01, 2006

Spanish Update

This week has been my first week of classes. The first few days were overwhelming and exhausting, but now I am getting on more of a roll. All instruction is one-on-one, so it is me talking with a teacher for five hours straight. But it is an excellent and the best way to learn. Basically, this week I have covered everything I learning during two years of Spanish in high school! Now on to some verb tenses!

You can take classes via webcam from the US as well. You are still one-on-one with an instructor. I saw a demonstration today - it is much niftier than I thought it would be and extremely economical - only $8 per hour! I think I will continue with that when I get home because I have a very strong desire to reach fluency someday. It will take me years, no doubt, but every bit helps! The website for the online classes are www.speakshop.com. I recommend it if you are interested in Spanish but can´t afford to go to Guatemala or don´t have much time.

I get excited thinking about how much further I will be in only a few weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home