The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Monday, October 30, 2006

Manuel Antonio

This past weekend was my last weekend abroad,as I am leaving Costa Rica today and getting into Michigan tomorrow.

On Friday I went and visited a friend from Alma who is Costa Rican. It was nice to see her town and meet her friends and family. And of course have the obligatory "why in the world did we go to Alma" conversation.

On Saturday I went to Manuel Antonio which is a national park on the Pacific coast. At first I was kind of bummed to arrive in a down pour and check into possibly one of the nastiest places I´ve stayed so far. I think that hostel would make an abosolutely lovely brothel/crack den.

I got up early Sunday morning to high tail it out of there and get to the park. Luckily, my endurance at the hostel paid off because the park was absolutely wonderful. A LOT of wildlife, monkeys, crabs, iguanas, some big furry thing that scared the daylights out of me when it casually walked up to me on the beach.

In the park the paths lead to several different beaches. It was very beautiful with the jungle to your back, Jurrasic-park-esque rocks and cliffs and the beach at your feet. I spent the entire day there before returning to San Jose. Very enjoyable! I´m excited to post some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home