The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Rich Coast

So the past few days I've been hanging out in Costa Rica, in Santa Anna to be exact. Santa Anna is a town outside of San Jose (the capital) where my cousin Andrea lived during her semester abroad. I'm actually staying with her old host family! It is very nice and comfortable, and they are very hospitable. I've been able to hang out with Joaquin, a friend of Andrea's, his wife (American) and their super cute puppy. Haven't been doing much that's interesting, the other day I went and sat by a huge pool in a country club. Nice!

San Jose is kind of a big dirty dangerous city. I was planning on walking around there a bit just to see what's to see, but I inadverdantly ended up in the red light district when a drag queen blotted up to me in broad daylight, sceamed bloody murder in my face and then ran away laughing. So then I hopped in a taxi and proceeded along my way.

Right now I am in Monteverde, which is about five hours away from San Jose. Tomorrow I am going to do something really cool that I have been really looking forward to, so check back for that blog post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home