The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sometimes things Suck

I´ve run into a rash of bad luck lately. Fortunately, not the kind of dark alley back luck or all day in the bathroom bad luck, but bad luck nonetheless.

First, I accidently deleted all of the music off of my shuffle (music player, Mom and Dad). Anybody in my generation knows that this a death blow. Four more weeks and no more music. On the spot I downloaded ten songs that I´ve never heard of, and dozens of free NPR podcasts. Gotta love hours upon hours of old news, "This I Believe" and "Driveway Moments."

Second, my beloved digital camera broke. Fortunately, it´s only the screen, so I think I can still take pictures, I just can´t see them or adjust the settings of the camera. Or watch that video of Gloria I took when we first got here.

But I can´t complain, because on the whole I´ve had pretty good luck so far.

Just arrived to San Salvador today. Two Canadians (Calgary!) in my hostel as well as an English bloke. Tonight I´m planning on calling some of my cousin Andrea´s friends as well as some people from CRISPAZ (Christians for Peace and Justice). Tomorrow I´m going to the Oscar Romero Museum which has been one of the things I have been most excited for!!!

More soon!

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah your with Rony! Have fun! I love this guy es lo mejor! Can't wait to hear all about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home