The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Sunday, March 04, 2007

From One Cottage to Another...

At the eleventh hour, moments before I almost committed myself to an apartment over an hour away from the Embassy, I got a message from an Embassy family. This Friday I moved in with Debbi & Melvin and their three adorable children, Max, Davis, and Chloe. They live very close to the Embassy and are the nicest people.

The setup is pretty sweet. I am living in a casita, or a little house that is behind their home. I have my own room, bathroom, and even a living room stocked with air conditioning, a TV, and plenty of toys. :) I couldn't have asked for anything better!

It is a little bit comical to me because in Toronto I lived in a carriage house - a small, cottage-like abode behind the huge mansions on Madison Avenue in downtown Toronto. Thus, I am accustomed to living in other people's backyards and have grown to like it. The only thing my casita is lacking now is one awesome roommate named Sarah Jane. I guess I'll have to make do with the birds outside my window!

Pictures: The little gnome at my old house on Toronto. I've always wondered what put that smile on his face. Me outside of my house in Toronto.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

the little cottage in canada and its' attendant gnome miss you very much. xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home