The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Monday, July 16, 2007

Viva Atlanta!

So after about two solid months of sittin' on the couch at my extended stay hotel watching Sienfeld re-runs and eating honey straight from the bottle I finally have started to make some friends. The people I work with are really cool and have been very hospitable. I've also met a few people through church. In recent weeks I've been out to swing dance, barbecues, wine tasting, church classes, volunteering, and even a stint with spreading mulch in other people's yards.

One of the coolest things I've done was the Atlanta Soap Box Derby. My co-worker and his engineering friends from Georgia Tech decided to enter the contest. It was a blast, and I'm pretty sure we had the slowest and possible the most dangerous vehicle there. Nice.















Go team!





























It's a tough job to fasten pieces of carpet to John's arm using pink twine, but somebody's gotta do it. I look really bad ass with those strips of pink fabric around my arm.














Brent laughing gleefully in the background as John bites it on the way down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home