The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Leaving Lima

As is evident by this blog, I had a great experience in Lima and really enjoyed my time in South America. This is a list a wrote a while back but haven't had a chance to publish. (Machu Picchu trip is below.)

Things I'll Miss:
  • Riding the length of Angamos in a combi
  • Limonada (Limade)
  • Ceviche
  • Fruit juices in general
  • The ocean
  • My fancy badge
  • Fellow interns
  • Mummies
  • Interesting characters at the Embassy
  • The oceanfront parks in Miraflores
  • The smell of diesel
  • Plaza de Armas
  • Cheap transportation
  • Walking through the big doors of the Embassy every morning
  • Hairless dogs... sigh... and here.
  • Wong (the grocery store)
  • Tamales
  • Speaking in Spanish
  • Buddy (Boss' dog)
  • Eating lunch behind the Embassy
  • The occasional Pisco Sour
  • Tequenos
  • Easily #1: Having *daily* adventures

Things I Won't Miss:



Me at my desk; the Embassy in Lima.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home