The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Offal

Today was a good and productive day.

1. I researched offal exports, which is ironic since the cafeteria today was serving a lung stir fry.

2. I had a meeting at the Peruvian Ministry of Finance, which was a challenge for my Spanish abilities. Luckily, the office driver is very nice and he helped me with my questions on the way over.

3. After my meeting, we had some time to walk around central Lima. It was surreal to be in a suit amongst backpackers in dirty mismatched outfits and flip flops. I miss my people.

4. I have a Spanish tutor starting next week!

5. That is all. Hope you all have a lovely evening.


.... And now... En Español....

Hoy fue un buen y productivo día.

1. Investigué exportes de 'offal', lo cual es irónico porque hoy la cafetería estaba sirviendo pulmón.

2. Tuve un reunión en el peruano ministró de comercio, la cual fue un reto para mis abilidades de español. Con suerte, el chofer de la oficina es muy amable y el me ayudo con mis preguntas durante el paseo.

4. Después de mi reunión, tuvimos tiempo para caminar alrededor de parque central. Lo fue estrange estar en un traje entre viajeros en ropa sucio y 'flip flops.' Echo de menos mi gente.

4. Tengo un maestro de español empezando el próximo semana!

5. Es todo. Espero ustedes tienen un lindo noche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home