The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Friday, September 08, 2006

This Week

This week has been a relaxing time of study and reading for me. I have been learning a lot of Spanish and finished the book I was reading about the history of Latin America. One of the most exciting things is that I finally started to learn how to say things in past tense (e.g. "I live in Canada" vs. "I lived in Canada.")

All of the high school marching bands have been practicing for next week´s Independance Day, which should be quite a big deal. We got to see a parade this morning, and it made me reminisce over my old marching band days! The kids ranged from all ages, from some pretty rag-tag ensembles to groups with white uniforms and a diversity of instrumnts. It was cool to see that band nerds exist around the world!!

I was so excited yesterday... some context: In May, when I went to Mexico, I met this nun who know all these people in Central America that I could get together with to see more of their countries and safely leave the beaten patch. One organization she me about was CRISPAZ, a Christian Peace and Justice organization in El Salvador. I didn´t have a contact, but hoped to find people from the organization. Currently, there is another woman staying at my host family´s who is from San Salvador, the capital of Honduras. Last night she gave me some email addresses of her family members whom she said would be interested in showing me around. It turns out that they are organizers for CRISPAZ! So they are good people who will help me out while I am there and show me around! How (I hate to say it, but...) serendipitous!

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, September 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Salvador is the capital of El Salvador you mean, not Honduras

 

Post a Comment

<< Home