The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Life and Weekend

This weekend was rather uneventful compared to others... no hairless dogs, no double decker buses or dead bodies. The Embassy has a baseball league and different agencies make up the different teams. I went to the games this Saturday and it was fun to see the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) cream just about every other team, including the team that Gabe was playing on, while I wrote postcards and met some more Embassy people.

I've decided that the Embassy is a bit like a college - there is a cafeteria and a doctor's office inside, there is a nice person to talk to if you're bored or having problems adjusting, there are weekend activities, informative events, intramural sports, and mandatory housing. If this place were to be a bit more like good 'ol Alma College all it would need was Dr. Lorenz and a huge hazardous waste contamination site!

As you can tell by this blog, things are going quite well for me. Some days are difficult and lonely, but most days I'm happy to be here and feel good about things. The experience has made me think a lot about living abroad. I don't think right now is the time for me to do it, but I could definitely see myself, once I am married, living abroad for a time. Vamos a ver (we will see). Thanks for all of your support!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home