The Adventures of April

We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time. -- T.S. Eliot

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I love people... I don´t know if you knew that about me...

So I am always limited in how much I can actually write in my posts, because I would like to spend more time outside of internet cafes than inside, but I would just like to take this moment to express how wonderful the people I have been meeting are.

Of course it gets lonely traveling alone, but the past two weeks I have felt so blessed by the people I have meet in Antigua. My roommates, the other students, my teacher (who invited me to stay at her house the next time I return to Antigua), my host family, etc.

Last night I went out for drinks and dancing with two friends from school. It´s something that I don´t do very often, either at home or while traveling. (Usually a couple of drinks and chatting, not much more!) But it was such a luxury to go out with male friends, one of which is a 6 ft 5 in Austrailian (people stop him to have their picture taken with him, not too many tall folks here) and the other is an energetic German. They areas good as gold and I didn´t need to worry as much about the usually female-traveling alone-at night worries. So much fun! Although I do think I cramped their style with the Latinas a bit at the clubs... sorry guys!

Today I met a CANADIAN! FINALLY! From Toronto! I was so excited. I got to use the following words in a conversation: Bloor, the Annex, U of T, Stephen Harper, Tim Hortons, Swiss Chalet, etc. Music to my little homesick ears! I do get sad listening to my Canadian music on my shuffle, thinking about how much I enjoyed simply walking down Bloor on a sunny day, Sarah Harmer as the soundtrack!

I´m sad to leave Antigua. It really is wonderful here and is one of my most favorite places I have traveled so far. God is so good.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, September 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atrevete - te -te..... Yeah I'm so glad you went dancing!!!

 
At 10:40 PM, September 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized that you have no idea it's me when I post....so when you think it might be me, your right. I have the worst mentor teacher ever...want to go back to central america. I will get you my friends info soon!Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home